[Karen Naess for Shaw Media]
20. IC Catholic (7-0, 21): It’s hard to see any more regular season challenges on the horizon for the Knights. Up next: vs. Wheaton St. Francis.
19. Montini (7-0, 20): The Broncos' jump up to the Catholic League Blue hasn't seemed to faze them. But the last two weeks should test their mettle heading into the postseason. Up next: at Providence Catholic.
18. Willowbrook (7-0, 16): The Warriors aren’t likely to be pressed much in the remainder of their West Suburban schedule and can look ahead to a high seed in the Class 7A draw. Up next: at Proviso East.
17. Naperville Central (5-2, 19): The schedule has been rather laborious, but the Redhawks have at least secured a playoff berth and have two more tough foes to go. Up next: at Waubonsie Valley.
16. East St. Louis (5-2, 17): You don’t often move up in the rankings after a loss, but the Flyers road tripped. to Ohio to face one of the state’s best (Massillon Washington). A narrow margin says a lot. Up next: vs. O’Fallon.
15. Stevenson (6-1, 14): The Patriots have quietly gone about their business in the North Suburban race but will get a stern test to their perch this week. Up next: at No. 25 Gurnee Warren.