Here are the Northwest Herald Power Rankings for Jan. 23.
1. Cary-Grove (19-2): The Trojans’ win over Glenbrook South on Monday, 66-65, in the Lake Zurich Martin Luther King Tournament championship, was their seventh in a row and landed them one spot from The Associated Press Class 4A top 10.
2. Huntley (16-5): The Red Raiders saw their six-game winning streak stopped at the Wheaton-Warrenville South MLK Tournament on Saturday with two losses, but bounced back with two wins Monday.
3. Hampshire (12-6): The Whip-Purs ended their three-game losing streak with a 58-37 win at Dundee-Crown on Friday. They are three games behind C-G in the conference, but should be tough in the second half of the conference schedule.
4. Marengo (16-2): The Indians have won five consecutive games since losing to Hampshire in the Marengo E.C. Nichols Holiday Tournament championship.
5. Burlington Central (14-7): The Rockets have won five of their last seven games, with losses only to DeKalb and Waubonsie Valley in that stretch. They’re hanging in the middle of the FVC standings in their first year in the league, even while starting three sophomores.