A hot bulb from a halogen light is believed to have caused a small fire Thursday morning at a home in Cary, Cary Fire Protection District officials said.
Deputy Chief Ken Destree said firefighters responded at 7:56 a.m. to a home at 527 Berriedale Drive and discovered a smoldering fire with no visible flames in a bookcase in the house’s living room.
An investigation determined that a hot bulb from a halogen light ignited some of the books on the top shelf of the bookcase, fire officials said.
“It could’ve developed into something more, but it was caught quickly,” Destree said.
No injuries were reported, and the fire was isolated to the living room, which didn’t require the house to be declared uninhabitable.
Destree said the last unit left the house about 10 a.m. once the investigation and cleanup efforts were finished.