No one was injured but a dog was saved after a fire broke out on Wednesday evening in a single-family home in Huntley.
Huntley firefighters responded to the fire about 6:04 p.m. Wednesday. Battalion Chief David Eeg of the Huntley Fire Protection District said they believe the fire started in a clothes dryer on the second floor of the home at 10538 Fleetwood St.
The three children and two adults living in the home were present at the time of the fire, but nobody was injured, Eeg said. The family’s dog was rescued from underneath a bed on the second floor and given oxygen and taken to the veterinarian.
Right now, the house is not inhabitable.
“We had to turn water off to the residence,” Eeg said, adding that there also was minor damage to the second floor. The house will be repairable, although when the family will be able to move back in will be dependent on their insurance, Eeg said.
Eeg said the family’s insurance company arranged accommodations for them for Wednesday night.
The fire was out three minutes after the fire district’s arrival. Eeg said there was no structural damage to the house and the fire didn’t make it beyond the drywall.
“[It was] all smoke and water damage,” Eeg said.
He said a rough estimate for damages would be $15,000 to the structure and $10,000 to the family’s personal belongings.