As a public service, Shaw Media will provide open access to information related to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) emergency. Sign up for the newsletter here
The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Wednesday 982 new cases of COVID-19 and 97 additional deaths.
This brings the state total to 123,830 cases and 5,621 deaths in 101 counties in Illinois.
Within the past 24 hours, laboratories have reported 24,471 specimens for testing, according to state public health officials, bringing the state COVID-19 testing total to 959,175.
The state has a 6% rolling positivity rate and continues to see a 92% recovery rate.
The virus has affected ages anywhere from younger than 1 to older than 100 years, IDPH reports.
Regional update: The Northeast region (Cook, DuPage, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, McHenry, Lake and Will counties) currently is on track for Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan with a 12% positivity rate. The region saw a 69% decrease in hospital admissions in the past 28 days.
More ICU beds and ventilators are becoming available in the Northeast region. The region reported 29% medical/surgical bed availability, 35% ICU bed availability and 69% ventilator availability.
The North Central region (Bureau, DeKalb, La Salle, Lee, Ogle, Whiteside, Carroll, Boone, Winnebago, Stephenson, Putnam and Jo Daviess counties) also is on track for Phase 4 with a 6% positivity rate. The region saw an 8% decrease in hospital admissions in the past 28 days. The region also reported 43% medical/surgical bed availability, 46% ICU bed availability and 68% ventilator availability.
In Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, with face coverings and social distancing practices, gatherings of 50 people or fewer are allowed, restaurants and bars reopen, travel resumes, child care and schools reopen under guidance from the IDPH.
The following is a breakdown of deaths per county, as compiled by the IDPH:
- Coles County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 1 male 30s, 1 female 40s, 3 males 40s, 2 females 50s, 3 males 50s, 2 females 60s, 7 males 60s, 2 females 70s, 7 males 70s, 8 females 80s, 5 males 80s, 9 females 90s, 6 males 90s
- DeKalb County: 1 female 90s
- DuPage County: 2 males 60s, 1 female 90s
- Kane County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 80s, 2 males 80s
- Kankakee County: 1 male 60s
- Lake County: 1 male 40s, 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 2 females 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- Madison County: 1 male 60s, 1 male 70s, 1 female 90s, 1 male 90s
- McHenry County: 1 male 60s, 2 males 70s, 1 male 90s
- Peoria County: 1 male 80s, 1 male 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 100+
- Stephenson County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s, 1 male 80s
- Union County: 1 female 70s, 1 male 70s,
- Will County: 1 female 50s, 1 female 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 male 70s